HOW OUR SKATING SCHOOL WORKS
Winter Lodge offers group lessons for ages 4 & up. Basic skill classes are offered weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings and include free rental skates, free practice time during the skating session in progress plus 2 extra practices to use during the lesson session!
For questions or registration information, call (650) 493-4566.
Winter Lodge is unique in that we are a purely recreational skating school. This means that students will be taught in a relaxed atmosphere and at a pace that is comfortable for the student. This is how we believe people learn best.
Our professional instructors decide both at what pace classes will progress and when skaters are ready to move up a level. You will receive a progress recommendation/evaluation form from the instructor on the last day of class. We encourage lesson skaters to practice aside from their weekly lesson. Skaters who regularly practice more than once a week, tend to enjoy the classes more and progress at a faster pace. Please remember, it is not realistic to expect a skater to move up a level every session. The focus is on enjoying learning to skate!
If you want a more intense training program, or would like to move a skater up a level before they have mastered the required skills, then our skating school will not work for you.
WINTER GROUP CLASS STUDENTS…reminder!
- There are NO CLASSES December 25 through January 6. All classes resume Monday, January 7.
- Extra free practice and makeup passes are NOT VALID December 22 through January 7.
- Winter Lodge is open for public sessions during Winter Break! (see the Public Skating page for skating schedule, including added holiday sessions! and holiday closures)
- Winter Lodge private lessons are offered to Winter Lodge freestyle level skaters only.
- Basic skills level skaters are encouraged to enroll in our group classes for regular weekly lessons.
- If your basic skills skater is in need of a private lesson for additional instruction with a particular element, we offer a “one-time private” on a Wednesday or Friday at 5pm (cost: $54/30 minutes). You may sign up at the front desk or call 650-493-4566.
Our lesson program specializes in group instruction where skaters learn in a fun, low-key environment.