HOW OUR SKATING SCHOOL WORKS
Winter Lodge offers group classes for ages 4 & up. Basic skill classes are offered weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings and include free rental skates, free practice time during the skating session in progress plus 2 extra practices to use during the lesson session!
For questions or registration information, call (650) 493-4566.
Winter Lodge is unique in that we are a purely recreational skating school. This means that students will be taught in a relaxed atmosphere and at a pace that is comfortable for the student. This is how we believe people learn best.
Our professional instructors decide both at what pace classes will progress and when skaters are ready to move up a level. You will receive a progress recommendation/evaluation form from the instructor on the last day of class. We encourage lesson skaters to practice aside from their weekly lesson. Skaters who regularly practice more than once a week, tend to enjoy the classes more and progress at a faster pace. Please remember, it is not realistic to expect a skater to move up a level every session. The focus is on enjoying learning to skate!
If you want a more intense training program, or would like to move a skater up a level before they have mastered the required skills, then our skating school will not work for you.
FALL SESSION: September 30 – November 23
- Registration begins Monday, September 16 – See registration info below!!
- Cost: $240, 8 weeks
WINTER SESSION: December 2 – February 8 (no classes 12/23 – 1/4)
- Registration begins Monday, November 18
- Continuing Fall students, register at your last class.
- Cost: $240, 8 weeks
SPRING SESSION: February 17 – April 11
- Registration begins Monday, February 3
- Continuing Winter students, register at your last class.
- Cost: $240, 8 weeks
HOW TO REGISTER FOR FALL CLASSES:
Step 1: REGISTER FOR YOUR CLASS
FALL GROUP CLASS REGISTRATION begins:
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 10:00am – 1:00pm
- (650) 493-4566 (press 0)
- See ‘Registration Information’ below
The sooner you get your application in, the better your chances for enrollment, however, we will continue taking applications until classes are full!
Step 2: CONFIRM YOUR CLASS ASSIGNMENT
You will receive email notification by:
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 at 11:00am
- If you have not received your email by September 25 at 11:00am, please call: 650.493.4566
- Payment due at this time (see payment link in confirmation email). Visa, MC, Amex & Discover accepted.
ONLINE CLASS REGISTRATION!
Winter Lodge will be accepting ADVANCE ONLINE CLASS REGISTRATION for continuing students in the following class levels:
- Children’s levels A through D
- Pre Freestyle through Freestyle 5
- Parent & Tot
- All Adult levels (including first-time Beginners)
Online registration at https://www.winterlodgeonline.com/fmi/webd will open on: MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 at 10am.
If you don’t already have an online account at Winter Lodge, you may create it at any time at https://www.winterlodgeonline.com/fmi/webd (click on the “WL DB” icon) using your email address. If we don’t already have your email address, call 650.493.4566 Mon-Thur, 10am-3pm so we can get you ready to set up your online account.
Once you are logged in, click the “Create Class Request” button. (The button will not be available if you log in before September 9 at 10am.)
Of course, REGISTRATION FOR ALL BEGINNER, PRE A and any class is available in person at Winter Lodge or by phone starting Mon, September 16 at 10am!
- TURNING IN YOUR APPLICATION: Applications will be taken in person or by phone. For those applying in person, applications will be handed out in line. Someone will be available to answer any questions you may have during that time. If you enroll by phone, we will fill out the application with you.
- CLASS TIMES: Individual classes are determined after applications are received, and are formed according to demand. At the time you register for children’s lessons, you will be asked to provide all possible days of the week you are available for classes, along with the earliest times you can arrive on those days. Once the applications have been turned in, individual classes will be scheduled. Students will be enrolled in the order in which the applications were received. You will receive email notification the following week.
- PLEASE NOTE: When filling out your application, the more days you are available and the earlier you can arrive, the better chance we have of placing you. Also, the earlier your application is received, the better your chances are of being enrolled. If you are enrolling a young beginner (4-5 yrs), those classes are generally at 3:00 or 3:30pm weekdays or 8:30am Saturdays. If you cannot arrive until later, we will most likely not be able to place your student in a class.
- Winter Lodge private lessons are offered to Winter Lodge freestyle level skaters only.
- Basic skills level skaters are encouraged to enroll in our group classes for regular weekly lessons.
- If your basic skills skater is in need of a private lesson for additional instruction with a particular element, we offer a “one-time private” on a Wednesday or Friday at 5pm (cost: $56/30 minutes). You may sign up at the front desk or call 650-493-4566.
Our lesson program specializes in group instruction where skaters learn in a fun, low-key environment.