HOW OUR SKATING SCHOOL WORKS
Winter Lodge offers group classes for ages 6 and up. Youth Basic Skill classes are offered weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings and include free rental skates. Adult Basic Skill and Freestyle classes are offered Wednesday mornings.
For questions or registration information, call (650) 493-4566.
Winter Lodge is unique in that we are a purely recreational skating school. This means that students will be taught in a relaxed atmosphere and at a pace that is comfortable for the student. This is how we believe people learn best.
Our professional instructors decide both at what pace classes will progress and when skaters are ready to move up a level. You will receive a progress recommendation/evaluation form from the instructor on the last day of class. Please remember, it is not realistic to expect a skater to move up a level every session. The focus is on enjoying learning to skate!
If you want a more intense training program, or would like to move a skater up a level before they have mastered the required skills, then our skating school will not work for you.
CLASSES OFFERED FOR THE WINTER SESSION:
- Pre A – D levels (ages 6-17)
- Pre Freestyle
- Freestyle 1-5
Adult Classes (Wed AM):
- Pre A – D levels (18 yrs & up)
- Freestyle 1-3
We are not yet offering younger skater or Beginner classes due to the “hands-on” nature of these classes. We will also not be offering hockey classes until scrimmaging is allowable.
Private lessons are not available at this time.
- Winter Lodge private lessons are offered to Winter Lodge freestyle level skaters only.
- Basic skills level skaters are encouraged to enroll in our group classes for regular weekly lessons.
- If your basic skills skater is in need of a private lesson for additional instruction with a particular element, we offer a “one-time private” on a Wednesday (through Feb.19) or Friday at 5pm (cost: $56/30 minutes). You may sign up at the front desk or call 650-493-4566.
Our lesson program specializes in group instruction where skaters learn in a fun, low-key environment.