HOW OUR SKATING SCHOOL WORKS
Winter Lodge offers group classes for ages 6-17. Basic skill classes are offered weekday afternoons or Saturday mornings and include free rental skates.
For questions or registration information, call (650) 493-4566.
Winter Lodge is unique in that we are a purely recreational skating school. This means that students will be taught in a relaxed atmosphere and at a pace that is comfortable for the student. This is how we believe people learn best.
Our professional instructors decide both at what pace classes will progress and when skaters are ready to move up a level. You will receive a progress recommendation/evaluation form from the instructor on the last day of class. Please remember, it is not realistic to expect a skater to move up a level every session. The focus is on enjoying learning to skate!
If you want a more intense training program, or would like to move a skater up a level before they have mastered the required skills, then our skating school will not work for you.
YOUTH CLASSES OFFERED FOR THE FALL SESSION:
- Pre A – D levels (ages 6-17)
- Pre Freestyle
- Freestyle 1-5
- Performing Teams
We are not yet offering younger skater or beginner classes due to the “hands-on” nature of these classes. We will also not be offering hockey classes until scrimmaging is allowable.
Step 1: REGISTER FOR YOUR CLASS
FALL 2020 note: We are offering Pre A levels and up only. Priority enrollment goes to previously enrolled Winter Lodge skaters. New students Pre A level and up, please phone in your registration to be put on a waiting list.
- Starting Tuesday, October 6
- Starting at 10:00am
You may register online by creating an account with us prior to registration. Do this at https://winterlodgeonline.com/fmi/webd or call Winter Lodge at 650-493-4566 (press 0) and we can set up an account for you. Please call before October 1 to create your account.
- Starting Tuesday, October 6
- 10:00am – 1:00pm
- 650-493-4566 (press 0)
CLASS TIMES: Individual classes are determined after applications are received, and are formed according to demand. At the time you register for children’s lessons, you will be asked to provide all possible days of the week you are available for classes, along with the earliest times you can arrive on those days. Once the applications have been turned in, individual classes will be scheduled.
Step 2: CONFIRM YOUR CLASS ASSIGNMENT
You will receive email notification by WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 14 at 11:00am
If you do not receive notification by 11:00am, please call: 650-493-4566 (press 0)
- Payment is due at confirmation. Payment is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Refunds will not be available once you are confirmed and paid, even if the classes cannot be offered for reasons outside of Winter Lodge’s control.
Private lessons are not available at this time.
- Winter Lodge private lessons are offered to Winter Lodge freestyle level skaters only.
- Basic skills level skaters are encouraged to enroll in our group classes for regular weekly lessons.
- If your basic skills skater is in need of a private lesson for additional instruction with a particular element, we offer a “one-time private” on a Wednesday (through Feb.19) or Friday at 5pm (cost: $56/30 minutes). You may sign up at the front desk or call 650-493-4566.
Our lesson program specializes in group instruction where skaters learn in a fun, low-key environment.